Monday, April 21, 2008

Postal Parents

We had Jake's soccer game tonight. What a game. We have played this particular team twice now. The first game the coach was yelling at his players to, "PUSH!". At first we thought he was telling them to play hard, push hard. NO such luck. Can you believe he was telling them to push and hit our kids? I know soccer is a contact sports, but really? They are 8 and 9 years old.
So, tonight was the 2nd time playing them. Let me just tell you a few of us didn't handle things very well tonight. There was so much pushing, shuving, tripping, elbowing to the chest and outright aggression some of us parents were ready to throw a shoe or somehting at the ref just so he would call something. A few of us parents were laying into the ref. Which I might add, I feel quite embarressed that I didn't handle myself better. Well, the ref finally yellow carded one of their kids. Which has never happend in any game!
We tied 3 to 3. They have stomped every team but ours, so it feels so good to show their kids, parents and coach that you can play with integrity and still keep up.
This all probably sounds like the rantings of a soccer mom, but I am so proud of the kids on our team. I am just sorry you have parents that get a little postal sometimes on your behalf! Mamma bears and their cubs, right?

1 comment:

Jen Moyer said...

I know exactly how you feel! There is a parent on the team we played last night that DRIVES ME MENTAL! Good job at keeping it a close game. We want to come watch, if it ever works out with Jades schedule!