Sunday, April 6, 2008

Being a Gentleman

As many of you know it's Conference weekend. We had our traditional cinnamon rolls and chocolate milk this morning and settled in to listen to all the talks . We were able to get a conference packet for the boys, which really helped them get excited for today. They had to color the ties of the apostles, do word searches, bingo and a handful of other things. The funny part is Adam and I seemed to pay a little more attention as well so we could help the boys with their fun activities.
Jake said something today that was very thoughtful. He had been hanging around in the kitchen while I baked breakfast. I had set the pan in the living room for the boys to start eating. Meanwhile I was in making the chocolate milk. Jake had told Adam that,"We should wait to eat until Mom can eat too". That may seen like a small thing, but we really have tried to instill in the boys to be gentlemen. That is a trait that stood out to me when I met Adam, he was quite the gentleman. Over the years and 3 children later it's a little more of a challenge for him to do some of the things he use to. So, I thought it was very sweet and thoughtful for Jake to remind everyone today to be considerate and wait for Mom. What a great kid!
~Today I am grateful to live in a country that has freedom of religion, and for the opportunity to be so close to so much of our churches history, and leaders.~

No comments: