I know what you are thinking, Adam and I got to go on a date. No such luck. We had dates with the boys. They have been having a hard time and fighting a lot. So, when that happens we know that they need some quality time. Adam took Jake out to get a few things that he has been needing and grabbed a bite to eat. Brysen and I stayed home with Paige and ordered pizza and did a craft project.
Now, I have talked about a book that I have been reading, "The Five Love Languages" . What it basically explains is that we all feel and express love in different ways. There are 5 basic languages (actions) that speak to us or that we speak to others that express love. The book helps you figure out how you need to be loved and how your spouse and children do as well. It's been very interesting. On to my point, one of the Love Languages is 'Quality Time'. Tonight we tried to show our kids that we loved them by giving them quality time.
It also discusses Love Tanks. Your 'Love Tank' measures how loved you feel. I can be empty, full or somewhere in between. What we have learned is that when someones love tank feels full they are more loving in return. So, after the quality time spent with Brysen a miracle happened! I have had the boys help with their laundry. Brysen fights me tooth and nail. Well, I was switching over the laundry and threw the boys' clothes on the playroom floor by Brysen. I continued to do some things in the laundry room, and when I came out I was completely shocked. Brysen was folding his laundry. If you know him well he tries to get out of doing...pretty much everything. I love him but we have to push him to do chores. So when I saw him doing this without being nagged or pushed I was so proud of him. I hope I can continually fill my children's and Adam's Love Tanks!
~Tonight I am Grateful for individual, special time with each of my children~
Here is what Brysen and I worked on tonight!
Sinave - 15 months
11 years ago




2 comments:
You guys are such good parents! You have the greatest kids; I hope that someday we can be good parents like you! You come up with the greatest things to do with the kids. I love it!
Hey, thanks for your interest in our little boutique. You have a darling family as well. you can find out more about our boutique at http://bagsthatfit.blogspot.com
We are mainly a handbag boutique in lehi on main street but we carry a lot of fun other stuff: Shabby baby, jeans, jewelry and a bunch of other fun things! Feel free to stop by and say HI! We just opened about 6 weeks ago!
Post a Comment