I have been thinking for a while how I wanted to approach this day with my kids. I didn't want this to just be any other day. Adam and I try to do our part to be green and we want it to be a priority to our kids as well.
I decided we should go clean up a local park. I grabbed our neighbor girls and the boys and headed out. Garbage bags and purple latex gloves in tow we accomplished our mission. We almost filled up two big garbage bags with miscellaneous junk. The kids did awesome. We headed to the park for some play time and afterward we treated ourselves to some ice cream. I am glad Grace and Emma could come with us, they were quite the troopers.
Another idea (this came from Jake) was to plant seeds to celebrate Earth Day. I thought this was an awesome idea. What a great kid! I have been wanting the boys to experience growing something themselves. Since I am not brave enough to have a garden, growing flowers is a baby step.
Here is a picture taken after we got back from
collecting garbage. Here is our loot!
I wanted to post this link for everyone. If you are tired of junk mail and want to help save our trees, or donate money to have some planted, visit this site. It's worth it! ( Green Dimes link located under favorites list)
Sinave - 15 months
12 years ago




2 comments:
That is awesome that you guys cleaned up the park!
What a fun idea! I remember when I was little we used to plant a new tree!
Post a Comment