Monday, March 17, 2008

Not Prepared!

We went to our Ward Conference Activity on Saturday. It was on preparedness. Yikes! I have a lot of work to do! It was nice to visit with our friends. During the winter we don't see each other as much. Sunday we went over to Heidi & Jason's for dinner. Heidi and I actually had some mommy time for a bit and made some cute things for the girls. Thank you Adam & Jason for the break! Then we helped the kids make biscotti. They had a lot of fun using food coloring and making their own creations. We came home and had a little family home evening lesson( I was just reading this to Brysen and he said I forgot to write about playing BINGO ). Kids went to bed and I was able to get a little reading done. I am reading, "The Five Love Languages". I first heard about the book when we went to our first round of Love & Logic's. When Heather and I were at Barnes & Noble she was buying the book, and I figures it was time that I finally did too. I have really enjoyed it. I recommend it to all couples, old and young, and especially parents!
Paige is still not sleeping! She was up a lot last night, but is now sleeping like a little angel now that mommy is up! I just don't know what to do with that girl. She is rolling over now. She did it for the first time on Friday. I had her playing on the floor, and when I would check on her she was on her belly. I would roll her over and wait to see her do it. Well, she wouldn't roll over. So then I would go back to my task and she would roll over. Finally last night she was all over the place and we were all able to see her roll back and forth. It's so fun to see the boys get excited for her milestones. They are so sweet and good with her. She really has completed our little family.
The boys are very excited about St. Patrick's Day, and to wear their green shirts. I found Jake in the bathroom this morning trying to do his hair in a mo-hawk. I helped him and it turned out pretty good. When they want to do stuff that's a little out of the norm I try to remind myself to let them express themselves now so they don't rebel later. I guess we will see how that turns out. Brysen wants to play a computer game so it's time to close.....

No comments: