Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Great Kids!

We had Jake's parent/teacher conference tonight. What a good kid we have. We know it, but it's nice to know that when we aren't around that he is the great kid that we know him to be. His teacher said that he is an amazing helper and she wished she had 10 Jake's in her class. A very nice compliment. He is doing great in school, he just has to work on his fluency. I have to laugh. Just about every girl in his class has a crush on him . He will never admit it, but I know he knows it. We talked about hygene and that when he is older and dating girls care about that sort of thing. WOW! I wish I would have said something sooner. It's alot less of a fight for getting some things done now.
Heidi came and dragged my lazy self to the park for a little bit to let the kids play. Thank goodness for her or I wouldn't do half ( OK, most) of the adventurous stuff that I do! But it's always interesting and never a dull moment on our outings!
Brysen's pre-school orientation is coming up. It will be so nice to send him to school every day and for more than a couple of hours here and there. I am a little worried about him getting bored in class. He is ahead of where Jake was when he started and Jake was bored. He scares us sometimes with the things he says and how he perceives the world. But I will tell you this..he is so smart. He blows me away sometimes. I think he is going to be one of those kids that half listens during class, never studies and passes with flying colors. He always tries the path of least resistance. It will be interesting to see how he does at school.


No comments: