Monday, June 2, 2008

Trippin'

OK, I am attempting to post about our trip and go in order and remember everything! Yikes! Here it goes.

We got to Indiana Wednesday night. They have a camper that we slept in so we told the kids this trip doubled as a camping trip too. Thursday morning Paige was up at 6 am which is 4 am our time! So to let everyone sleep we went on a walk.


Thursday we went on the Mom's day that I already posted about. Later that night we went to Quintin's Pre-school program. It was pretty cute



Friday was a lazy day. We hung around the house. It was the kids' last day of school and Sean and Angie went to watch the kids get their awards. Grandpa got the golf balls out and the boys had a blast using Sean's front yard as a driving range



Saturday, Sean and Angie had friends over for a BBQ. It was nice to get to visit with everyone. I started feeling sick so I had to go lay down, I didn't get to visit as much as I wanted. We did fireworks after. I tried to take pictures, but they didn't turn out. Here are pics of Brysen and Jake trying to hula hoop. I was laughing so hard I was crying...

Jake did pretty well

Brysen was a different story, he was almost doing the splits!

Sunday, the guys went to the race. We girls just hung around the house. We attempted a bike ride but didn't get very far, so then later in the day we went to the park. Mom made spaghetti. Yummo!

Monday we went to the zoo. We had a lot of fun. They had so many things that we don't have here at our zoo.

All of the kids after the dolphin show

Feeding the giraffe

Getting to pet the elephants

Jake touching a shark

Brysen was freaked out but tried to be brave and attempted to touch the sharks

Paige and Dad playing in the water

After the zoo we headed to the memorial for the USS Indy. Most of you know about it, but it's the ship my grandpa was on during the war that was sunk. He spent days in shark infested water, and survived. I thought it was fitting that the last thing we did at the zoo was pet sharks and then headed to the memorial.

Here is our whole group of 16. I loved getting to take my family there for the first time. I hadn't been back sine it was dedicated. Having the whole Shaffer clan there was a neat experience for me.

After we got home that night Mom and Dad watched all the kids so Adam and I, Sean and Angie could go on a date. We went to Outback. It was yummy. I love their soup and salad!

Angie decided to let the kids ride their miniature horse. Our kids were excited. It didn't go as planned. When B was on the horse it was spooked by the dogs and bolted. Luckily Angie grabbed B and he was fine, a little scared but fine. I wasn't sure if Jake would go after seeing that but he did. He was on for a minute and then the horse bolted again and he flew off. It was pretty funny. I am not sure if the will want to ride a horse for a while. Thanks for trying though Ang!

Brysen enjoying his ride

I only got one picture of Jake before he went sailing through the air!

Dad and Sean took us to the airport. We were dreading the long flights home. But to be honest our kids were awesome. On the flights out and back they did amazing. We were so proud of them. We had a wonderful visit. Thank You for everything guys, we miss you!

The boys spotted this car in the airport before we flew home!

Click to play Our Trip
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

Here are the rest of our pictures!

No comments: