Sunday, December 7, 2008

I Wanna Be Like Mike

moving jordan symbol Pictures, Images and Photos

It's basketball season again! Jake had his first game on Saturday and they played very well. We have had some concerns with Jake and his sportsmanship and attitude when he plays team sports. He tends to be a ball hog and show boat. I know it's normal for kids to go through those particular stages, but I struggle with it. I want him to be a generous and humble boy, on or off a field or court.
I was very happy with how he played on Saturday. He shared the ball and kept his pride in check. I am so happy to see him growing and learning to be a better person, more than he already is now.
Brysen starts playing next week I believe. It's always a hoot to watch the younger kids and see the funny things that they do. We moved B up with older kids so it will be more of a challenge for him. I am interested to see how he does. He is on cloud nine when he plays basketball and I love seeing him play! He loves Michael Jordan and even wrote his number on his stomach the other day. In his mind I imagine he thought it would make him play better. The things that go through that boys head!

1 comment:

Tamara Terrill said...

I write the weight I wish I was on my belly, but it never seems to work.
Have a fun b-ball season!