Monday, July 21, 2008

It's A Hard- Knock Life

So I kicked the boys out of the house this morning. You heard right folks, kick 'em out on their tush. They have been fighting a lot and I was at a loss of what to do. So, I told them to get their blankets and pillows and to "get out" and that "they no longer lived here" and to "find somewhere else to live". It may seem mean, but they needed something drastic!

Wow, they freaked out at first! After the shock wore off I'm pretty sure they were completely confident that I would never get rid of them. I watched them and listened to them the whole time. I had a pretty good laugh. So did the neighbors. Brysen was pretty unfazed by it all at first. He made the rounds to our friends to see if they could live with them, little did they know I called in advance and told them to turn them away. I explained we were having a "Love & Logic's Moment". We have had such a contentious feeling in our home for a while and I couldn't take it anymore!

I wouldn't be surprised to see some kids out in the streets locked out of their houses this week after speaking with some friends, apparently I am not the only fed up Mom right now. I also called Adam at work to tell him what was going on and he had a pretty good chuckle and called periodically to see how things were going.

The kids tried playing basketball and riding bikes but I told them they couldn't because it was no longer their stuff because they no longer lived here, they were not happy about that. Jake was scared but was too proud to admit it. Brysen kept trying to think of people who he could ask to move in with.


After a few hours of this we talked and I let Jake back in. Since Brysen was taking most of this in stride and is my toughest one I made him sweat it out longer. He sat outside balling and caring on. He talked to himself and then cried some more. I finally let him back in too.


Jake had a birthday party to go to and we just dropped the present off and didn't stay. He's going to soccer practice tonight but has to just watch. I told Adam that it's more important to me that he is a good kid than a good soccer player. All privileges are suspended! We will see if this shocks their little systems into not feeling so entitled! Here are some pics from our emotional day!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Awwww, poor babies. Send them out to Aunt Angie when you get fed up. :-)

Jessica said...

This gave me a good chuckle!